Re: Linux 2.6.10-rc3 oops when 'modprobe -r dvb-bt8xx'

From: Cal Peake
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 07:52:18 EST

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> Not good. My rc.boot/local has this line
> modprobe dvb_bt8xx
> modprobe v4l1-compat
> modprobe sp887x
> modprobe mt352
>
> and this now seems to generate an oops (see end of boot log).

Yes, that is a bad patch, I missed part of what the i2c_info function was
doing. It looks like this isn't going to be able to be solved with a
simple patch.

For the time being if you need to remove/reload the modules I'd try using
'rmmod' instead of 'modprobe -r' - you might be able to avoid the oops by
removing modules one by one in a strict order.

If that's not feasible I'd stick with the -mm4 tree or pre-rc2 until the
-mm changes go into mainline.

-- Cal