Re: dma errors with sata_sil and Seagate disk

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 05:03:04 EST

Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 17:50, John Lash wrote:
>> I don't see any indication that Seagate has released any public firmware
>> upgrades for this drive. Anybody have a suggestion?
>
> Don't mix seagate drives and SI311x hardware is the best suggestion.

Is there some problem with Seagate drives in general? I'm using two
ST3160827AS drives on an SI3114 controller, and haven't seen any
glitches yet. That model is not in the blacklist, and performance is
what I'd usually expect. Is it pure luck that has kept me away from
problems?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx