Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 17:52:48 EST

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:32:13PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> What I'm asking for there is the _minimum_ amount of information to do
> exactly the above. Is there somewhere a provision like "unless you give
> this data to evil bk haters"?

Roman, you can have any of your data that you want, including the metadata
such as dates, times, user names, etc. Nobody is hiding that from you,
it's all there, you don't need a license to get it, go to bkbits.net and
get it. If someone has a tree that you want to get it from you can ask
them to put a copy on bkbits and away you go.

> To make this easier to understand for everyone, here is a simple example:
> a very simple network protocol would be to extend the current commit mails
> with the identifiers one can already find in bkcvs, so they can be put
> into the correct order.

That's not a network protocol, just change the bloody commit trigger.
I don't care if you get that information, if you want it, have at it.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com