Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4

From: Florian Schmidt
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 09:51:37 EST

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:31:35 +0200
Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> i tried a V0.5.2 with PREEMPT_REALTIME and all debugging off (config
> attached). I cannot reproduce your results. I have experienced around 30
> xruns in 10 minutes. And big ones, too (> 5ms). I don't know exactly what
> kind of load triggers them. Here's a bit of qjackctl message window (btw:
> jackd was idle, no clients connected, except for qjackctl):

[snip]

i forgot to mention though that i do use jack in full duplex mode and with a
periodsize of 64:

/usr/bin/jackd -R -P60 -t20000 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p64 -n2

The results are thus not really comparable. Anyways, 7ms xruns still
shouldn't happen (with the older VP patches i could run 32 frames full
duplex for hours w/o xruns).

flo