[Job] Senior Software Engineer - Linux Kernel (Silicon Valley)

From: Hitech Recruit
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 21:57:43 EST

Hi all,

We are currently working on an immediate opening for a Linux Kernel
Engineer in Silicon Valley. If interested, please reply to
hitech.recruit@xxxxxxxxx . If not, please pass the word around. Thx.

_________________________________

Senior Software Engineer - Linux Kernel

Our client is developing best of breed remote office solutions that
unify multiple services, such as routing, firewall, intrusion
detection, virtual private networking, and directing and filtering
content into a single, resilient, and highly manageable platform.

Furthermore our client's solution meets customer needs for managing
remote office networks rather than the remote device, while minimizing
capital and operational expenses in providing high quality broadband
services to remote sites.

Role:

Currently seeking an accomplished individual to take on a prominent
role in the development of our embedded Linux platform. They are
looking for someone with a deep understanding of the Linux kernel and
internals, is actively involved in the open source development
community, and can provide effective technical leadership.

This role will suit candidates who enjoy a wide variety of challenges
and technologies. Key to success is your motivation, a dynamic
approach, and desire to see results.

Requirements:

- BSCS
- + 8 yrs development experience with 3+ yrs Linux
- Extensive Linux Kernel experience. Deep expertise in - design,
implementation & ongoing dev roadmap of Linux Kernel.
- Design, implement enhancements to kernel & OS features. Evaluate
system performance on variety h/w platforms under various workloads.
- Track, evaluate & integrate dev from open source community.