Re: solution Re: lost memory on a 4GB amd64

From: Andreas Klein
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 08:37:17 EST

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Sergei Haller wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Andreas Klein (AK) wrote:
>
> AK> Additionaly there are some other problems that only occur, when the
> AK> modules are installed one pair for each CPU.
>
> IIRC [I might be wrong], Andrew is running this board (S2885) with exactly
> this memory configuration without problems.

Yes, I have read that. I also have one board running without problems and
45 boards which have the problem. The running one has been bought over a
year ago. The 45 boards which are not running have been bought a few weeks
ago.
So I think they have made a bad change to the board design since the
prototype board which is running perfect or there is a bug in the CPUs
(maybe memory controller, or hypertransport). In the running board CPUs
with stepping 1 are installed, the not running ones have CPU stepping 10.

Bye,

-- Andreas Klein
asklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
root / webmaster @cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de