Re: solution Re: lost memory on a 4GB amd64

From: Sergei Haller
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 11:34:28 EST

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Andreas Klein (AK) wrote:

AK> > The next difference:
AK> > You have the S2885 (thunder K8W) and S2875S (tiger K8W single processor)
AK> > boards and I have a S2875 (tiger K8W double processor)
AK>
AK> The boards are nearly identical (on-board lan is different, and your
AK> memory-slots are connected to one CPU).

I don't think that LAN is of any importance for our problems.

But I was told (see previous messages) that the fact that all memory slots
are connedted to one CPU makes a non-NUMA board of it (S2875).

AK> If all memory modules are installed for one CPU, I have your problems.

I see.

AK> Additionaly there are some other problems that only occur, when the
AK> modules are installed one pair for each CPU.

IIRC [I might be wrong], Andrew is running this board (S2885) with exactly
this memory configuration without problems.

c ya
Sergei