Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 08:47:39 EST

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 05:29:02AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> 1. BK has improved LK workflow
[..]
> If your answer does not include 1, why?

as a matter of fact nobody can know how the workflow would be if _all_
kernel developers would have been able to take advantage of a
distributed revision control system in the last ~3 years. The simple
fact I try to avoid discussing this topic on public lists to avoid be
targeted as whiner as usual, doesn't mean Larry can speak for myself
saying the few people like me now changed their mind and they agrees BK
generally helps the workflow.

> From my view, LK workflow post patch penguin (ie: BK)
> is improved simply because fewer patches seem to be lost.

IMHO that's largerly thanks to Andrew, and he's not using BK but quilt
to manage -mm, and as far as I can see his merges with Linus are using
patches. Infact I'm only sending my seldom patches to Andrew.