Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Joe Perches
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:32:21 EST

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 13:46 +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 04:32:14PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

More completely, Larry said:
"BK is clearly helping, I think that even"

> > the BK license haters have finally admitted that, [..]

> dream on

Andrea, I'm confused by your response.

Are you suggesting one or more of:

1. BK has improved LK workflow
2. BK has not improved LK workflow
3. BK has had no impact on LK workflow
4. you hate the license

Any of these or something else?

If your answer does not include 1, why?

I've read http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/3148

>From my view, LK workflow post patch penguin (ie: BK)
is improved simply because fewer patches seem to be lost.

I too do not use BK because of the license restrictions
on developing any other SCM systems. I think that portion
of the license is just wrong, but BK is BitMover's product
and I believe Larry can license it as he chooses.