Re: Unknown symbol kill_proc_info in 2.6.10-rc1

From: C.Y.M
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 06:18:42 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 03:04:47AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 02:21:22AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:

After building 2.6.10-rc1, i was unable to load my "lufs" module due to an unknown symbol error (kill_proc_info). When I examined the 2.6.10-rc1 patch, I noticed that "EXPORT_SYMBOL(kill_proc_info);" was removed from signal.c. With the following patch, I was able to resolve my problem, but I am not sure if this is the correct method. Is there a reason why the kill_proc_info symbol is no longer exported?

Because it's not an API you should be using.

Is there an alternative?

Maybe you could explain what you're actually trying to do at a higher
level first.

I have been using the lufs module in combination with autofs to be able to automount ftp sites on the fly. But, if lufs is broken due to the lack of the "kill_proc_info" symbol being available, perhaps I will just remove lufs and find another way (or wait until there is some kind of patch for lufs).