Re: Linux v2.6.9 (Strange tty problem?)

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:06:40 EST

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 10:37, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Iau, 2004-10-21 at 14:20, Paul Fulghum wrote:
> > This restores the original behavior for
> > devices that have not yet implemented ldisc->hangup()
> > and should work with the new locking.
>
> Unfortunately that re-introduces another existing unfixed problem.

I also realized that the original code *only*
called ldisc->close if the current ldisc != N_TTY.

So I was wrong in interpreting this as using
ldisc->close to indicate hangup in a general sense
because it does not apply to N_TTY.
So depending on this behavior is wrong,
and implementing ldisc->hangup is the way to go.

I'm working on the PPP ldisc now.

--
Paul Fulghum
paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx