Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 07:56:06 EST

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
Lee Revell writes:

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 06:26, Ingo Molnar wrote:

i have released the -U3 PREEMPT_REALTIME patch:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

Does not compile. .config attached:

It builds fine if CONFIG_SMP is set. Am I really the only person
running this on UP?

I run both, on different machines.

I'm actually running 2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3 at this very moment, on my laptop
(P4 2.53Ghz/UP, Mdk 10.1c) and also on my desktop machine (P4
2.80Ghz/SMP/HT, SuSE 9.1).

However, on the desktop (SMP/HT) I could only made it boot/init
successfully with CONFIG_PREEMPT_REALTIME off. On my laptop (UP) is
running pretty well on full RT.

I'm curious what you get when you try to boot the SMP system with REALTIME on? My SMP/HT system at the office works fine with this. Although there is one difference that jumps out at me. I have disabled ACPI. I don't have the config handy so I can't do a complete comparison, just going from memory.

kr