Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 19:18:49 EST

On 2004.10.01, Andrew Morton wrote:
"J.A. Magallon" <jamagallon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > could cause too much swapout was fixed.
> the protocol in X. Both in console and X.

The above sentence is a bit hard to decrypt. Want to try again?

Sorry, it is late and I try to type faster than I think...

Problem: my PS2 trackball is not working. When I move it, the cursor (both
in console and in X) jumps, instead of smoothly following the ball. The
behavior is similar as when (in old days) you tried to use a mouse in X and
put the wrong 'Protocol' in XF86Config. Or as if the driver was only
getting one interrupt out of each hundred. Now with /dev/input/mice you don't.
have to explicitly say the protocol.

The USB ball works fine, so I think it is not a problem of the input drivers,
but of the PS2 one.

I can easily go back till -rc2-mm1 and check. I still have in my /boot
-mm[123]. I will post the results.

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free