Re: Linux 2.6.9-rc3

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 14:01:51 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 30 September 2004 00:53, Markus T. wrote:

# bzcat patch-2.6.9-rc3.bz2 | patch -p1
patching file fs/nfs/file.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 74.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 91.
2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/nfs/file.c.rej

___
Markus

And thats one of the reasons I never dl the bz2 version.

You should have started with a fresh unpack of 2.6.8, not 2.6.8.1
I just checked my scrollback and there is no such error here.

Are you saying that he patched against the wrong kernel source because he pulled the bz2 patch? How do you make that leap? The gz patch does the same thing against the wrong source.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)