facing prob related to 2.6.x kernel ............

From: Fawad Lateef
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 07:01:17 EST

I m using Fedora Core 2 (2.6.8.1) on XEON 2.2GHz SMP
Machine with 8GB RAM. When I boot my system with the
kernel 2.6.5 or on 2.6.8.1 without SMP and HIGHMEM64G
support it boots fine, but when I boot with SMP and
HIGHMEM64 enabled on 2.6.8.1 or 2.6.5, the booting
process becomes tooo slow i.e. took almost 20 or
minutes to boot.

The Same kernel configuration on the other machine
having same hardware configuration (except have 2GB
RAM in other machine not 8GB) works well.

The machine creating problem is working fine with
kernel 2.4.25 or so ............

Please do help me ..........

Fawad Lateef