2.68.rc4 affected by tg3 [Was Re: tg3 module in kernel 2.6.5panics ]

From: Maurice Volaski
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 20:26:29 EST

Maurice Volaski wrote:
The tg3 module in (gentoo) kernel 2.6.5 panics on boot on a dual-opteron 248 box with 4G RAM. I copied the following screen output...

This looks like kobject stuff unrelated to tg3.

Does 2.6.6 fail similarly?

I just tested with 2.68.rc4 from gentoo and although it doesn't panic and the driver even appears to load, the kernel spews out a crash message in the log similar to before. The eth0 interface doesn't show up in ifconfig.

The alternate driver doesn't seem to be in menuconfig any longer.

I see that a bug, #3131, has been filed on bugzilla. It looks like I am seeing the same problem here.
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@xxxxxxxxxxxx