8139C+/8169 and suspend mode

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 14:45:17 EST

Does anyone have positive experience with suspend mode on the aforementionned
chipset ?

Rationale: Jon noticed that the r8169 driver did not correctly set the dirty
Rx ring index when the driver tries to reset the chipset (rtl8169_hw_start)
after a Tx timeout recovery. The chipset is told where the Tx/Rx rings start
but the software driver works with a badly inaccurate (rx_cur, rx_dirty) pair.

If I am not mistaken, the same pattern applies to the resume function in the
r8169 driver and in the 8139cp driver.

So, despite me thinking that the poor thing is in a bad state, is there
anybody who actually succeeds using it ?

--
Ueimor