RE: 2.6.9-rc2-mm2

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 11:16:50 EST

>It looks like Tony is wearing the BPB. The below patch from
^^^?
Huh? I can tell from context that this is all my fault (to which
I agree; it is), but what does "BPB" stand for?

>Process question: how is it possible that the ia64 tree could have been
>this dead for this long?

Because we have immense confusion about which combinations of
config options (NUMA, DISCONTIG, VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP, SMP) are
supported. Kconfig allows almost any combination of them, but on
any given week only some combinations work. The patch that broke
things for you came in to fix a problem for Peter.

I'll take a look at this. Can you post the .config that you
are using.

-Tony