Re: udev is too slow creating devices

From: Ihar 'Philips' Filipau
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 03:29:21 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Nope, Greg is right. Drivers themselves won't necessarily provide
you with the device interface in a synchronous way after they are
loaded, and some will certainly never. It is all an asynchronous process
and there is simply no way to ask for any kind of enforced synchronicity
here without major bloatage.

Okay, okay. Let's spread delays and polling all over numerous init scripts.

You might be ten thousands time right. It is asynchronous process.

But please listen to me: you are not going to handle that in _every_ system application which deals with modules.

If there is problem, it doesn't mean we just pass it over. Probably we need to solve it?