Re: Add sparse "__iomem" infrastructure to check PCI address usage

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 09:24:43 EST

While resuming adding __user annotations to the m68k-specific parts of the
code, I stumbled on

struct task_struct {
unsigned long sas_ss_sp;
}

If I'm not mistaken, sas_ss_sp is always a pointer to user stack space.
Shouldn't it be changed to `void __user *sas_ss_sp', or is an
unsigned long/void * change in generic code a too controversial change for
making sparse happy?

And I guess I can find a few more of these...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds