Re: swsusp: kill crash when too much memory is free

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 14:37:24 EST

On Saturday 11 of September 2004 11:50, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday 11 of September 2004 00:29, Pavel Machek wrote:
[- snip -]

> However, I think the problem is with the hardware, not with the driver: if
the
> sound driver is unloaded before suspend and loaded again after resume, the
> box behaves as though it were loaded all the time (ie IRQ #5 goes mad). Are
> there any boot options that may help get around this?

Some good news here. :-)

If the kernel is booted with pci=routeirq and nmi_watchdog=0, almost all of
the problems that I had with swsusp "magically" disappear.

One issue that remains is a USB-related crash (trace available at:
http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/040911/swsusp-usb-trace.log), which does not
prevent the box from waking up (as you can see in the trace), but requires
the ohci_hcd module to be reloaded. I have got rid of it by compiling the
USB drivers into the kernel.

The second remaining "thing" is that the network interface on eth0 (sk98lin)
does not come up properly after resume and I have to restart networking to
make it work, but this is a non-issue.

Thanks a lot for your help, and if I can do something for you (like testing
new code etc.), please let me know.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.