Re: [patch 1/1] uml-update-2.6.8-finish

From: BlaisorBlade
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 10:47:00 EST

On Friday 10 September 2004 23:03, Jeff Dike wrote:
> blaisorblade_personal@xxxxxxxx said:
> > About the one from Jeff Dike, it's dangerous because I don't know
> > whether or not we would see any introduced bug.

> The ghash removal? That's necessary, for one, and that code isn't
> currently used anyway, so any bugs that I introduced can be sorted out
> later. For now, it's sufficient that it compiles.
And making it compile with the hash code, rather than the rb_tree one? I know
ghash.h must be removed, but there is no reason at all to switch to Red-Black
trees. Even because, later, we will just see "Hey, I get a panic here" +
backtrace. Doing things right in first place is better.

Andrew, what's your opinion about this? Do you prefer staying with the same
code (but without having a ghash.h) or using the new one?

My idea is to move the needed #defines (not everything) inside physmem.c for
now, so that ghash.h does not appear in 2.6.9; then, after fixing the
breakage for mainline, we can look at the code to see if it needs any change;
however that should be tested for a while (probably in Jeff Dike's tree,
which is going to become for experimental stuff, now that UML gets merged in
mainline).

Bye
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade