Weird SCSI subsystem behaviour (ISA related?????)

From: DervishD
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 06:51:47 EST

Hi all :)

I recently upgraded to 2.4.27 and finally remove ISA support
(CONFIG_ISA is now not set). This may be important because the kernel
threads named 'usb-storage-0' and 'scsi_eh_0' are both stuck in a
very high address, namely e086e736 and e086d279. But my ksyms says
this:

[...]
e086b944 scsi_hostlist [scsi_mod]
e086b948 scsi_devicelist [scsi_mod]
e086b94c scsi_hosts [scsi_mod]
e086b964 scsi_dma_free_sectors [scsi_mod]
e086b968 scsi_need_isa_buffer [scsi_mod]

As far as I can tell, this means that both kernel threads are
stuck somewhere in the code of 'scsi_need_isa_buffer'. Does this mean
that I must set CONFIG_ISA? If the answer is yes: then why
CONFIG_SCSI doesn't depend on CONFIG_ISA? Is all that not related to
ISA in any way (I suppose this is the correct answer) and the problem
is just that both threads are stuck in a wrong address caused by
only-god-knows?

I use scsi for my card reader, that works without problem
usually. Right now I cannot test if the problem was a loose cable,
bad insertion of the card, etc. but anyway that shouldn't cause
kernel threads to get stuck...

Thanks in advance :) If anyone wants additional info, just tell.
I'm going to reboot ASAP to see if this problem is persistent or if I
just had bad luck.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736