From: Herbert Poetzl
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 06:50:20 EST

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:22:41AM +1200, Oliver Hunt wrote:
> The loss of forks in the file is exxactly the problem you used to have
> when transferring native Mac files to a PC...
>
> This meant in order to transfer files to different filesystem you
> often needed to tar/zip/whatever them first.
>
> Bare in mind this would let us do the whole MacOS thing of putting an
> entire application(plus plugins, etc) inside one "file"...

hum, well aside from the fact that recent MacOS (X) does
not put applications in one "file", it does simply store
related stuff inside a directory which is presented as
one unit by the GUI ... something I consider useful and
which allows to 'move' the application around without
rendering them useless ...

best,
Herbert