Re: [Transmeta hardware] Update of the CMS under Linux ?

From: Marcus Metzler
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 12:08:13 EST

>>>>> "Emmanuel" == Emmanuel Fleury <fleury@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Emmanuel> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 16:29, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
>> > I have no idea if it is legal or not... it is not my concern
>> now. ... how legal is it?

Emmanuel> I am not a lawyer... :)

Emmanuel> Just an unsatisfied customer who try to use properly a
Emmanuel> piece of hardware that I own because I paid for it... Am
Emmanuel> I a criminal because of this ???

>> > I'm just seeking for solutions ! :) > I guess it depends if
>> you are in the States or in Europe. or Japan.

Emmanuel> Right. I forgot Japan, of course.

>> I don't have X on this laptop, but I'll put tonight.

Emmanuel> It would be very interesting to know if you encounter
Emmanuel> this bug. This bug has never been reported on a Toshiba
Emmanuel> Libretto.

My brother has a Libretto with a Crusoe, he mentioned something about
X11 crashing, but since his graphics chip seems to have given up the
ghost it is hard to check if it was the CMS or the ATI chip.
I was afraid that my graphics chip would have the same problem, so I
am somewhat relieved that it is the Crusoe.

Marcus

| Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler | |
| mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.metzlerbros.de/ |
|>>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodies <<<|