Re: external firewire dvd writer

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 21:54:24 EST

On Saturday 04 September 2004 09:35 pm, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
> Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I have an external Pioneer DVD writer which I connect via Firewire to my
> | laptop. So when I turn it on I get this in my dmesg:
>
> and I idiot totaly forgot to give the key information :)
>
> its a 2.6.8.1-mm4 kernel, but I had the same issue with a vaniall
> 2.6.8.1 kernel

Did you compile SCSI CD-ROM support? If you did try loading sr_mod. Works
fine here, just don't forget to rmmod sr_mod before turning off the DVD
as it seems that there is a problem with hot removal either in sr_mod or
in firewire system (I am inclned to say its sr_mod as sd_mod seems to
handle surprise removal OK).

--
Dmitry