From: Paul Jakma
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 21:47:46 EST

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Hans Reiser wrote:

learning how to turn the hand crank to start your car. Just the look of "tar -xf" turns them away. Crypto-Geek gobbledy-gook is what it is. Let's value their time, there are a lot of them.

These kinds of people would use something like file-roller in GNOME, and they'd care not a jot whether file-rollers used built-in tar support, and/or openat() or via file-as-dir fs support.

All they care about is that they get a window with icons for their files that they can click on. How it's done does not matter - it only matters to those who must write the code.

Hans

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@xxxxxxxx paul@xxxxxxxxx Key ID: 64A2FF6A