Re: K3b and 2.6.9?

From: Tim Fairchild
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 03:43:21 EST

On Wednesday 01 Sep 2004 03:05, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> But exactly _because_ it makes so much sense to just change K3b to use
> O_RDWR in its open, I'm hoping that the K3b developers won't complain too
> much about the kernel changing to require more strict checking (obviously,
> I can understand that _users_ will complain - they only see the "it
> stopped working" part).

Thanks for the info. Yes, this is what I am seeing a lot on linux user
lists... "Don't use kernel 2.6.8.1 - it is broken" and so forth. Which is why
I was looking to gain some insight into the k3b problem so I feel I know a
little about the subject when on the lists... And also like to do testing
when I can to help... what little help it might be.

thanks,

tim