crash on 2.6.8.1 (reproducible)

From: k7avenger
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 12:42:26 EST

I have a kernel crash on the (afaik) latest kernel version 2.6.8.1, which is reproducible.
The kernel doesn't log anything about the crash.
It occurs when you are unmounting a ext2/3 filesystem which is prepared in a special way:
load it into debugfs read-write and create an inode with the number 2 ( mi <2> , I used to give creation time = 0 and link count = 1), then link that inode to . ( link <2> . ). You can mount that image now, should only see a directory named <2> and your system should crash immediately when you are unmounting that image.
I created such an image, which should work:
www.gaming-elite.de/upload/unsortiert/proof.tar.gz ( 2.6 KB)

My ver_linux output:
If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux k7 2.6.8.1 #1 Sun Aug 22 23:27:20 CEST 2004 i686 Pentium III (Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Gnu C 3.3.3
Gnu make 3.80
binutils 2.14.90.0.8
util-linux 2.12
mount 2.12
module-init-tools 3.0
e2fsprogs 1.35
xfsprogs 2.6.3
PPP 2.4.1
Linux C Library 2.3.3
Dynamic linker (ldd) 2.3.3
Procps 3.1.15
Net-tools 1.60
Kbd 1.12
Sh-utils 5.2.1
Modules Loaded loop nvidia ipv6 ppp_async crc_ccitt ppp_generic slhc sg floppy rtc usbcore vfat fat ide_cd sr_mod scsi_mod cdrom unix