Re: CryptoAPI: schedual while atomic

From: Jean-Luc Cooke
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:59:50 EST

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:42:11AM -0400, James Morris wrote:
> Where is the code which caused this? The transforms are safe to use (but
> not allocate) in process and softirq contexts.

In add_entropy_words of random.c my experimental code is calling
crypto_digest_update(). In update() it calles crypto_yield.
add_entropy_words() is being call ed directly from a keyboard_interrupt. I
was hoping to tidy up the code a bit by not using batch_entropy_stores... but
I guess that's unavoidable then?

Last question:
Would spin_lock_irqsave() spin_unlock_irqrestore() still needed to surround
crypto_digest_update() calls if they're going to be scattered/gathered
later?

Thanks for your time.

JLC