Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Rob van Nieuwkerk
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 18:23:16 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:44:32 +0200 (CEST)
Wouter Van Hemel <wouter-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

> Also note that this driver had some Philips support in the form of
> information - sadly enough, partly under NDA.

Just a tiny little detail that might be interesting to anyone
forming an opinion on all the pwc/linux stuff:

The author of the pwc driver has publicly stated that this
NDA has expired more than 1 year ago !!!

Despite this he refuses to release the source code for the binary-only
driver. Of course it is his right to do so: it is his code.
But I think it is important for everyone to know this fact.

greetings,
Rob van Nieuwkerk