From: Hans Reiser
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 19:30:52 EST

Rik van Riel wrote:

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Hans Reiser wrote:

I agree that your work is important without agreeing that MS client domination will last.;-) It is indeed my desire to give you every single feature you need to emulate MS streams within files, but doing it using directories that are files. I would like to support you in emulating windows faster than windows.

1) how do you back up and restore files with streams inside ?

2) how do standard unix utilities handle them ?

To repeat, I think it would be nice to implement a filename/pseudos/backup method for all the plugins.

Guys, we just have the beginnings in place. One plugin method at a time it will all fall into place.

What we have now is useful now. The more methods come into existence, the more compelling it becomes --- standard network economic theory applies here.

Hans