[OT] SCSI command filter: Add cdparanoia to the list

From: Peter Schaefer
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 14:33:20 EST

Hello!

Following the discus^H^H^H flamewar about cdrecord, scsi command
filter et al, i just want to add that ripping audio CDs seems
to be affected by the SCSI filter also. I'm not able to use
my SCSI CDRW drive for that anymore (except being root) and
have to resort to my (ATAPI) DVD drive.

Setting cdparanoia suid root works, however for grip that's
no solution b/c GTK+ applications don't want to be suid
root.

Just my 2c. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

--
NOTE: I'm NOT subscribed, please CC me on replies.