Re: Shouldn't kconfig defaults match recommendations in help text?

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 14:30:24 EST

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:03:55PM +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> > I'll post such patches in a short while. Sepperate mails, one pr patch
> > changing one kconfig default pr patch.
>
> One Kconfig file pr. patch makes more sense.

You are right, I'll do that.

Which brings me to another thing regarding configs and defaults - there
does not seem to be much relation between the defaults in the various
Kconfig files and the settings in arch/<foo>/defconfig which puzzles me,
especially since "make defconfig" seems to use the stuff from
arch/<foo>/defconfig and not what's specified in Kconfig...
Wouldn't it make sense to update the defconfig's to match the Kconfig's
when I make these changes?

--
Jesper Juhl