Re: 2.6.8-rc3-mm2

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 03:25:13 EST

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:08:01AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> it ought to be up at this point - smp_init() is done from the init
> thread and the scheduler is up and running.
> Ingo

Well, I'm working backward from an "unacceptable fix", where I changed
a bunch of things defensively at once and (of course) it was adding the
printk()'s that actually fixed things.

One of those changes was to ditch the schedule_work() shenanigans in
do_boot_cpu(), which was actually meant to rule out the initializers
for the struct create_idle getting miscompiled or otherwise not
behaving as I expected.

-- wli