Re: ide-cd problems

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 17:14:36 EST

On Iau, 2004-08-05 at 18:46, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Alan, there will be _no_ filtering.

This is a community project. You are not a dictator, you are not some
all powerful all seeing all knowledgable master, and I don't work for
you.

I think you should adjust your attitude. Linus/Andrew based on actual
code and opinions decide that question. My own feeling is that the
desktop realities will dictate filtering to allow some non CAP_SYS_RAWIO
use, that or we'll be adding CD and DVD burning ioctls.

I'm not BTW saying you are wrong, just objecting to your attiude.
Filtering may well turn out to be a stupid idea.

Alan