Re: cciss update [1 of 6]

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 12:31:14 EST

"Miller, Mike (OS Dev)" <mike.miller@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, I thought the descriptions in the patch were sufficient.

The descriptions are fine - I was just mentioning the email's Subject:
line.

> Again, I wish viro would copy me on patches to cciss. Isn't that the normal protocol, include the maintainer in any updates?

It tends to depend on the importance of the patch, the activity level of
the maintainer, etc. If the patches are dependent on other patches to
other parts of the kernel then it's best that they all go in as a single
lump. A courtesy Cc: never hurts, althought it's sometime hard to hunt
down the right person.

I have suffered some pain from the depredations of the sparse changes.
Hopefully it's mostly all done now.