Re: cciss update [1 of 6]

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 10:04:01 EST

On Thu, Aug 05 2004, Miller, Mike (OS Dev) wrote:
> Sorry, I thought the descriptions in the patch were sufficient.
> Again, I wish viro would copy me on patches to cciss. Isn't that the
> normal protocol, include the maintainer in any updates?

(Mike, please don't top post...)

People usually try to do that, for some bigger patch sets that touch
lots of files (which Al does do a lot of), it's not always easy to do
so. I suggest you try and track at least each major release and see what
has been applied to your driver (if anything). That way you also don't
risk backing out included fixes when diffing your own tree.

--
Jens Axboe