Re: Recent 2.6 kernels can't read an entire ATAPI CD or DVD

From: Robert Love
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 00:50:41 EST

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:49 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> Looks pretty perfect, maybe it's read-ahead screwing it up. Try if
> setting hdparm -a0 /dev/hdc makes a difference.

I am seeing similar errors[1] on later 2.6, too, with about 50% of my
audio CD collection. Some work, some do not. I see no pattern.

Already tried disabling read-ahead, does not matter. Also tried a
different drive.

Robert Love

[1]
hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 8
Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 1