Re: OOM-killer going crazy.

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 08:07:48 EST

This is not the same problem as I and other are describing. There is no free memory when the OOM killer activates in our situation. The kernel has allocated all available ram and as such, the OOM killer can't kill the memory hog because it's the kernel, itself. So the OOM killer kills all the big apps running ...but it's to no use because the kernel just keeps trying to use more until the cd is completed. After which the memory is still never released.

Your thread has nothing to do with mine.