7 GB RAM Drive

From: Naveed Latif
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 22:57:09 EST

hello dears,

I want to make a 7 GB RAM Disk.
thorugh PAE I can access 64 GB, but problem is that
one kernel module can't access more then 4gb at ones.
2 disks are working properly.
So I tried this method..

[DISK1....3GB] [Disk2......4GB]
* *
* *
* *
[Virtual disk 7GB]

when I recieve buffer head in virtual disk, by
changing its [bh->b_rdev = disk1] or [bh->b_rdev =
disk2]
I called generic_make_requestm but the same result,
after 4gb it is failed.

even through list mechanism by which disk have a
thread which getting bh(buffer head) from the list,
and performed the operation. these bh's coming from
virtual Disk.
This method is also failed..

Can any one help me regarding this issue, How I can I
solve this problem.

Thanks.
Naveed Latif