Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

From: Volker Braun
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 18:30:14 EST

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:16:55 +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> And, if I would shine
> a bright light on the screen, I could make out text on it. In other
> words, the backlight was off but it was still displaying stuff.

I cannot reproduce that (T41), but maybe I'm looking at the wrong angle or
your eyes are better. In any case I understand that this image is very
faint.

I'm not sure whether this is actually part of the problem. The
liquid crystals might just keep their current orientation, or there might
be some residual charge in the driver circuit. Do you want to take your
display apart and check with a voltmeter? I dont't :-)

Best,
Volker