Re: [kbuild-devel] kbuild support to build one module with multiple separate components?

From: Song Wang
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 16:42:20 EST

Hi, Sam

Thanks for the reply.

However, in the way you indicate, the
mainmodule and each submodule will be built
as separate kernel modules. You will get
mainmodule.ko, a_sub_module.ko, b_sub_module.ko etc.

This is not what I tried to get. I tried to
build a single kernel module, which means that
mainmodule.o, a_sub_module.o, b_sub_module.o
should be linked together to produce the single
module.

This will be convenient, for instance, for
distribution because you need only to distribute one
kernel module instead of a long list of modules.

-Song