Re: ipw2100 wireless driver

From: Éric Brunet
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 09:58:25 EST

>> >What is the status of ipw2100? Is there chance that it would be pushed
>> >into mainline?

For your information, I am very happy with that module; I installed the
rpm from atrpms.net on my Fedora Core 2, ran the GUI to set up the
interface, ifup eth1 and it worked on the first try. No recompile, no
fiddle with configuration files, I couldn't believe it and was very
impressed. I am not using the wifi card very often, but it works with no
glitch each time I try it.

It would really be a pity that the authors of the module get discouraged
and stop developping it.

(Computer is an ASUS S5200N; everything on that computer including lspci
output on https://systemausfall.org/~phil/s5n.html)

Éric Brunet