Real-Time thread scheduling in linux??

From: Harish K Harshan
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 08:27:14 EST

Hello.

I would like to know if there is any way to give a thread real-time
priority under Linux, and also if it is possible using the pthread
library. How would the kernel handle such threads? And do we need to
implement locking systems, so that this thread does not block other
threads permanently? Please help me, because I am working on a data
acquisition application, and the acquisition thread needs almost
real-time priority, and loss of data is not affordable.

Thanks in advance,
Harish K Harshan.