Re: SATA disk device naming ?

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 06:22:39 EST

On Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 05:04, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Whoever builds your kernels changed around the kernel configuration on you.
>
> SATA "disk naming" (what driver you use) did not change from 2.6.3 to 2.6.7.

The thing that changed is the new BLK_DEV_IDE_SATA option that defaults
to 'n', while before it was enabled implicitly.

I was bitten by this as well. Unfortunately I have an md RAID-0 volume
which I can not start after hde/hdg become sda/sdb, so I'll probably
have to keep using the old IDE driver indefinitely.

Arnd <><