Re: VM Problems in 2.6.7 (Too active OOM Killer)

From: Peter Zaitsev
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 22:23:15 EST

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 19:40, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> > This box has 4G memory and running without swap (what I would need it
> > for If I can only use up to 3GB address space in the application anyway)
>
> Is this a regression from earlier 2.6 versions? Do you have an isolated
> testcase (obviously I should be able to install mysql easily) I can use
> to trigger this?

Not yet. I've been doing various MySQL tests with various kernels and
this is the first time I see such behavior.

If It will repeat itself I will try to isolate it to the test case,
so fat I just wanted to report it to see if this is known or expected
issue.

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com