Re: Integrated ethernet on SiS chipset doesn't work

From: Daniele Venzano
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 05:17:12 EST

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:26:54AM +0200, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> 2) The Sis 900 driver is supposed to be _supported_ ie someone is being
> paid for fixing problems. It has the highest maintenance status so
> its problems are made to be fixed.
The email listed in the MAINTAINERS file bounces, so the driver is not
supported so well, I'm acting as maintainer, but no one is paying me.

The sis900 driver driver works in most cases, I am aware of some issues,
mostly caused by new hardware not known by the driver. These problems,
however, cause slowdowns, but the card is always detected.

So before saying anything let's wait for the poster's dmesg.

Cheers.