Re: Ext3 File System "Too many files" with snort

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 12:39:06 EST

Dave Jones wrote:

The *only* times we _refuse_ to apply bugfixes are when said bugfixes
cause more problems than they are alleged to fix, or when those
fixes aren't relevant for some reason, but don't let facts get in
the way of a good rant.

You guys have refused to apply reiserfs bugfixes for a long time. Users don't know that redhat doesn't apply our bugfixes, and when they use redhat and decide to experiment with reiserfs, they encounter bugs and conclude that RedHat is right to not support reiserfs, which is exactly the redhat intended effect.

Fedora is something new. It is good that fedora tracks the mainline. Kudos for that. You should do that with RHEL.