Re: Ext3 File System "Too many files" with snort

From: Pete Harlan
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 14:09:24 EST

Reiser3 lets a directory have more than 32000 subdirectories already.
I ran into this problem two weeks ago on an ext3 filesystem and found
Reiser didn't have the problem. My reiser3 directory had 1million+
subdirs before I killed my test program.

I believe it still has a similar limit on the number of hard links,
but it doesn't implement ".." as a hard link.

--Pete